Working for Little Gate is a wonderful way to broaden your horizons and become part of a friendly team who are dedicated to improving the lives of people with learning disabilities and autism.
We have a variety of roles within the business, including Job Coaches, managing our farm and woodland, fundraising and office support.
LITTLE GATE Supported Employment program IS RECRUITING! Part time Job Coaches supporting adults with Learning disabilities or Autism into paid work. Working in the Eastbourne area.
Job coaches provide subtle support that enables the individual to learn the systems and processes, so they become a valued employee! You will build confidence and support them to learn the skills they need to do the job to the best of their ability.
Work trainees typically stay with the same employer leading to a permanent role. Job coaches support the same individual and their carers until they can withdraw their day to day support, often supporting with travel training, benefits sign posting, and provide support and guidance for the whole family.
Working hours can be varied, and although the hours are part time the days you will be asked to work can change, so it is important you have some flexibility.
Job coaches can be supporting our Individuals in various sectors from hospitality, Health and Social care, maintenance, engineering, customer service and construction. We aim to partner the job coach in a sector they are familiar with.
Job coaches also work autonomously but within a wider team, and you will need to attend some meetings at the farm in Beckley our HQ, our Hastings Office and Bexhill meeting places.
To be a job coach is immensely rewarding work as you get to directly support a an individual who may not have had a paid job before, but who is really enthusiastic or nervous to be in paid work for the first time in their lives.
Training and support provided – come be a part of our amazing team and make a real difference to the lives of young adults with learning disabilities, and Autism!
Full training is given, hours are on average – 16 per week or more. Please note this is a flexible working contract as your working hours will vary, but you will be entitled to pro-rata holiday pay. No experience in job coaching necessary but a drive to transform lives and a systematic approach essential.
- To develop a pathway for work trainees to move towards employment
- To provide information, advice, guidance and support to work trainees who have barriers to entering training or employment
- To set up work placements and monitor those placements
- To monitor progress of the work trainee in the work experience/employment environment
- Establish collaborative relationships and networks within and outside Little Gate, by working with employers/organisations to look at job opportunities and ways to support learners in the placement
- Carry out initial health and safety checks prior to placing work trainees for work experience
- Apply for job coaching and travel training funding using the DWP Access To Work processes and procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain action plans for work trainees, including SMART goals
- Maintain accurate records of the trainees work experience/employment in line with regular review of progress
- Support work trainees in applying for placements/employment opportunities
- Through the use of Training in systematic Instruction, support work trainees in their placements as required
- Deliver travel training to work trainees as required
- Identify training needs for work trainees in relevant skill and knowledge areas that link to employability skills
- Liaise with Little Gate Farm team in the case of pastoral care
- Work with employers to look at job carving to create appropriate work experience and employment opportunities
- Maintain accurate records as required for monitoring, quality and audit in accordance with Little Gate policies
- Manage own workload, prioritising effectively to meet agreed objectives and deadlines
- Commit to flexible working hours
- Ensure compliance with processes and procedures
- Provide support to other team members
- Attend team meetings and training as required
- Any other duties required by Head of Supported Employment
Please send CV AND COVERING LETTER outlining why you want to be considered for this role (we will not shortlist applications without a covering letter) to HR@littlegate.org.uk
The role is approximately 20 hrs pw in Eastbourne.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £9.25 /hour
Closing date for applications: 26th August 2020