Working for Little Gate is a wonderful way to broaden your horizons and become part of a friendly team who are dedicated to improving the lives of people with learning disabilities and autism.
We have a variety of roles within the business, including Job Coaches, managing our farm and woodland, fundraising and office support.
Young Ranger Support Worker
We are looking for fantastic people to join our team who are as passionate as we are about supporting children with learning disabilities/autism to have fun at the farm during the holidays.
The aim of our young rangers project is to encourage young people with additional needs to try new things, make friends, be active and outdoors. It also provides essential respite for families
Young Ranger Support Worker: Job Description
- Hours : can vary from 10am-3pm, 9am-4pm or 9:45-3:15pm.
- Not set days, flexible hours.
- During the school holidays, and one weekend a month
- £8.50 an hour
- To provide coaching, support and encouragement that enables our young rangers to learn new skills at the farm as independently as possible, building on the skills they already have.
- To support activities in any area on the farm, including cooking, Forest School activities in our woodland, animal care and horticulture.
- To work 1:1 with young rangers when required.
- To support our young rangers with their mental wellbeing, behaviour and coping mechanisms so they can access the farm safely.
- To act with kindness, understanding and empathy.
- Please note that the farm is in a rural location so the right candidate should have their own means of transport. Driving license preferred but not essential.